We all know that hydration is important. So with summer and high temperatures coming up, I wanted to make sure you had a list of foods at your fingertips that you could eat if you aren’t a big water drinker. Remember, the higher the temperature, the more water you need to consume.
Water is essential for our bodies. Our bodies are made up of 50-70% water. Basic functions like breathing, sweating & digestion all deplete our water supplies. It is recommended that we consume 1/2 of our body weight in ounces of water every day. (150lbs = 75ozs)
Things water helps with:
- Our cells cannot function without it
- Water helps cleanse toxins from our bodies
- Keeps muscles from tightening up
- Allows us to move easier
- Allows the brain to think and send messages effectively
- It increases mucus production to improve breathing
- It also increases cervical mucus, which is necessary for conception.
If you’re not a big water drinker, here are 19 foods to help you stay hydrated:
|Broths & Soups||92%|
You’ll notice that soda pop, tea and coffee are not listed on here. That is because these are healthy foods that help keep you hydrated.
Coffee, tea and soda all have a large amount of caffeine and soda has a large amount of sugar. They are also all diuretics, will actually make you need to urinate more quickly, and you’ll lose more fluid, leading to quicker dehydration.
Fruit juice and fruit drinks are also not listed, as they may have too many carbohydrates, too little sodium, and may upset the stomach.
Make sure you grab a copy of my FREE guide Trying To Conceive Language & my FREE Self-Care Mini Course. You can access either one by clicking on the title. These are packed full of information that you can begin implementing today to put yourself one step closer to getting pregnant, naturally.
If you’re looking for a group of like-minded women with which to share your fertility wellness journey, be sure to check out my Whole Body Fertility & Wellness Facebook group today!
- THANKSGIVING AS FERTILITY HOLIDAY- SYMBOLS, FEASTING, AND GRATITUDE
- Natural Mothering Begins with Birth
- 12 Signs You Need to Take a Break ASAP
- Babywearing: Everything You Need to Know to Wear Your Baby Safely
- 10 NATURAL COLD AND FLU REMEDIES THAT WORK