When it comes to health and wellness, it’s the smallest and consistent effort that brings the best results. Sadly, too many of us are taking our well-being very lightly.
If you wish to lead a happy and healthy life, it’s high time that you start giving your well-being the importance it deserves. Thomas Edison summed it up perfectly,
“The doctor of the future will no longer treat the human frame with drugs, but rather will cure and prevent disease with nutrition.”
I’ve got some tips for you as well that will help you to lead a better and healthier life. Should we take a look at them? Let’s go!!
1. Get up and drink a bottle of water
In Japan, people drink two glasses of water as the first thing in the morning. Interestingly, it has the greatest overall longevity being the only country with over 50,000 centenarians. Whether it’s in the water practice or something else, we can learn a few tricks from Japanese to improve our health.
Benefits of drinking water in the morning:
- Rehydrates your body
- Flushes out toxins
- Improves metabolism
- Increases brain power
- Boosts the immune system
2. Come out and take some fresh air
Don’t you feel happier when the Sun is shining and you get to spend some time outside? I’m sure you do because I personally love it. However, with many of us spending the major chunk in our stuffy offices, it has become a rare deal to go out and spend some time with nature. Research shows that getting fresh air affects the levels of serotonin that make us feel good about ourselves.
Benefits of getting some fresh air:
- Good for lungs and skin
- Improves blood pressure and heart rate
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Makes you happier and energetic
- Strengthens the immune system
3. Play happy songs while getting ready
Music is known to evoke all kinds of emotions. It is actually very actionable and can be used to manipulate your mood. Make a playlist of your favorite upbeat and happy songs and blast it off in the morning to set the tone for the rest of the day.
Tip: Keep updating your playlist every week
Benefits of listening to good music:
- Improves mental focus
- Soothes and relaxes blood vessels
- Makes you happier
- Reduces stress levels
- Gets dopamine flowing
4. Do something new every day
Routines are boring and unhealthy. Doing the same thing over and over again is going to bring monotony quite soon in your life. And it isn’t exciting to be living such a life, right? Try doing something new every single day — it’s actually healthy. Don’t complicate, start with small things like taking a different route to work, having coffee instead of tea, and more.
Benefits of attempting new things:
- Makes life more exciting
- Brings you out of your comfort zone
- Good for brain and mental strength
- Makes you more confident and courageous
- Sense of accomplishment
Before you start applying these tips, make sure you develop a firm belief in them and aren’t doing them just for the heck of it. If you aren’t happy from inside while doing something, it’s not going to do any good for you.
5. Eat more fruits and green salads
Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness. About 70–80% of health is eating the right food at the right time. Understand your body type and its nutritional needs. Leafy greens and fruits are a great source of natural fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Eat a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables — it’s both easy and delicious.
Benefits of eating fruits and veggies:
- Healthy weight maintenance
- Controls blood sugar
- Reduces LDL also known as bad cholesterol
- Normalizes bowel movements
- Protects your heart and improves skin tone
6. Ditch coffee and switch to green tea and/or juices
I don’t understand the gratification people get by bragging about their addiction to coffee (or tea). Having a cup or two is fine, but gulping down seven to eight cups of caffeine isn’t doing you any good. To bid goodbye to coffee-addiction, replace coffee with green tea or natural juices. Loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, they can have powerful effects on your health.
Benefits of green tea and juices
- Catechin in green tea prevents cell damage and promotes cell growth
- Amino acid L-theanine improve brain function
- Prevents skin aging and Alzheimer and Parkinson disease
- Lowers the risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Helps you lose weight and lowers the risk of obesity
7. Pop a daily probiotic
Probiotics are a great way to boost the immune system and improve the skin health. In simple words, probiotics are live microorganisms similar to ones found in human gut, also known as ‘good bacteria’. Popping up a daily probiotic would scare off pathogens and improves the immune system. So, provide your body with the number of probiotics it needs to maintain your well-being and sustain a healthy gut.
Benefits of probiotics:
- Keeps your gut clean
- Boosts your immune system
- Protects against hostile bacteria to prevent infection
- Prevents various allergies and Eczema
8. Sit up straight
The way you stand, sit, and walk is also a part of your well-being and health care. If you are always slouching or walking like a zombie, you need to take care of your posture because not doing so could result in physical deformities and other health problems. To maintain a good posture, place your body in a neutral position so that your pelvis, trunk, and head are in alignment. It is an optimal position that helps you to work efficiently even for long hours.
Benefits of a good posture:
- Keeps bones and joints in correct alignment
- Decreases stress on ligaments
- Prevents fatigue
- Prevents backache and muscular pain
- Contributes to a good appearance
9. Listen to meditative music before sleeping
Just like you should start your day with some kickass music likewise, it’s a great practice to end your day with soothing and calming music. To maintain optimum energy levels, you must get a sleep of at least a good 7 to 8 hours.
Benefits of listening to music hitting the sack:
- Lowers stress
- Reduces fatigue
- Better sleep
- Reduces depression
10. Ditch the Negative Self Talk
Consistently telling yourself reasons why you can’t do something, don’t deserve something, or will never achieve something are never going to get you where you want to be. Ditch the negative self talk and start creating new messages instead. When you change your mindset, you have the power to change your life. This is one of the most overlooked, yet most important things, that everyone can do for better mood and mental health daily.
Benefits of ditching the negative self talk:
- Increased vitality
- Greater life satisfaction
- Improved immune function
- Reduced pain
- Better cardiovascular health
- Better physical well-being
- Reduced risk for death
- Less stress and distress
Before you start applying these tips, make sure you develop a firm belief in them and aren’t doing them just for the heck of it. If you aren’t happy from inside while doing something, it’s not going to do any good to you.
Make sure you grab a copy of my FREE guide Trying To Conceive Language & my FREE Self-Care Mini Course. You can access either one by clicking on the title. These are packed full of information that you can begin implementing today to put yourself one step closer to getting pregnant, naturally.
If you’re looking for a group of like-minded women with which to share your fertility wellness journey, be sure to check out my Whole Body Fertility & Wellness Facebook group today!
- Six Things You Should Be Doing During the Two Week Wait
- The Benefits Of Flotation Therapy
- A Color-Coded Guide To Vaginal Discharge
- IVF Grants and Adoption Grants
- Nutrition And Gut Health: How Does It Effect Our Bodies