Hello everyone. Let me introduce myself. My name is Heather Verduzco. I live in the Twin CitiesMinnesota (born and raised-dreaming of heading somewhere warm). I am married, going on 25 years, and have 3 adult children. I am a Special Education teacher working with families and children from newborns up to 3 year olds. I am also an Independent Consultant for Arbonne International. This is a Health and Wellness company focusing on Plant based products banning over 2000 toxic ingredients.
Over the past few years I have been educating myself and sharing with others on how what we put IN and ON our bodies is affecting our systems as a whole. I am a huge proponent of Gut Health and the Gut and Brain connection.
So, What Is Gut Health? Gut Health involves the microorganisms that live in our digestive tract. Maintaining the right balance of these microorganisms is so important to our Mental and Physical Health. The foods we eat, get broken down and converted to absorbable nutrients and stored energy, and then the waste gets eliminated. Did you know that 70-80% of our Immune system is in our GUT?
How does Gut Health affect the body: Let me give you the Bath tub analogy: Our bodies are like a bath tub. All the foods that we are eating
(the good, the bad, the toxins, the preservatives, etc) are filling up our bodies/bathtubs. Our gut is where all of these foods get absorbed and stored or eliminated. At some point our gut and our detoxifying organs (lungs, kidneys, and liver) can not handle all the toxins. They start leaking out or ‘over following the bath tub’. We start seeing some side effects: bloating, gas, inflammation, skin issues, irregular menstrual cycles, anxiety and depression the list goes on. Your gut tries to help out and starts to store the toxins that it can not get rid of. Where do toxins get stored… fat cells! We need to Drain the Tub, so our organs can function and do the work they are supposed to do properly without getting bogged down trying to eliminate all the toxins.
Gut Health and Fertility: There are many things that can have an affect on fertility: Nutrition, Hormones, Immune system, and Inflammation in the body just to name a few. As we read above all of these things have a basis starting in our Gut. If you ‘drain the tub’ and help your Gut heal you can support your immune system and regulate inflammation which in turn supports the reproductive system so they can all operate more effectively.
Easy ways to support your Gut Health:
- Eat whole foods (not processed, not pre-made from a box,)
- Avoid foods that are Addictive/Acidic/common allergens/ or cause Inflammation such as: dairy, caffeine, soy, gluten, sugar, alcohol. Not forever but, give your Gut a chance to heal and you may notice some sensitivities to foods or other changes in your body or skin from avoiding these items. Arbonne has a simple 30 day program that helps people who want to make a change in their health and are looking for support.
- Take plant based supplements to increase your absorption of nutrients and support your Elimination organs: Arbonne has a Pre and Probiotic, an Immunity Booster, and a Greens balance (daily servings of a rainbow of fruits and vegetables) that I take daily to support my gut health and immune system.
As you can tell I am passionate about helping others learn about Gut health and how what we are putting ON and IN our body is effecting our whole systems. I would love to share more information or answer any questions you have.
Make sure you grab a copy of my FREE guide 5 Steps To Increase Your Fertile Cervical Mucus & my FREE Self-Care Mini Course. You can access either one by clicking on the title. These are packed full of information that you can begin implementing today to put yourself one step closer to getting pregnant, naturally.
If you’re looking for a group of like-minded women with which to share your fertility wellness journey, be sure to check out my Whole Body Fertility & Wellness Facebook group today!
- 10 NATURAL COLD AND FLU REMEDIES THAT WORK
- Peripartum Cardiomyopathy and Cardiologist Recommended Natural Remedies for Pregnant Moms
- How to Support Someone with Fertility Problems
- Autumn Reflections with 2 Bonus Pumpkin Recipes
- What is Cervical Mucus?